- Welcome to SJS
- Campus Life
Tuition and Financial Aid
Many disciplines- art, music, academics, athletics - can be found in any school. However, St. Joseph School offers one thing that most schools cannot -- professional instruction from a Catholic Christian perspective and effective learning in a distinctively faith filled family environment. With the help of so many, this opportunity is available to students who may not have the resources. St. Joseph School is committed to providing need-based financial assistance to qualified families.
Financial Aid is available on an as-needed basis for active Catholic parishioners only at this time. Assistance is based upon financial need. The basic responsibility for financing a student's education rests with the family, but a limited amount of tuition assistance is awarded each year. The Tuition Assistance Review Committee will set annual deadlines for applying for financial aid, however, applications may be accepted and evaluated as funds become available.
The Tuition Assistance Fund
The tuition assistance fund was begun many years ago by caring individuals to assist families who are active, contributing members of the parish but not able to pay full tuition for their children to attend St. Joseph School. The SJS Endowment & Charitable Trust through its designated funds for tuition assistance contributes the majority of the aid available. We realize the financial sacrifice each family makes in order to provide a Catholic education for their children. Because of this, all factors are considered carefully when the applications are received.
Individuals or organizations may designate/donate funds to be made available for tuition assistance either through the school or through designated Endowment funds. Those funds will only be used to grant aid which has been recommended by the Tuition Assistance Review Committee.
The application process is completely confidential. St. Joseph School does not release financial information. Tuition Assistance is given as a reduction in the tuition charge. Such a reduction is not taxable to the family nor is it to be paid back at a later date.
How To Apply
Contact the school bookkeeper,Cathy White, for a Tuition Assistance Application Form at 501-327-5528 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Families apply directly to St. Joseph School for financial aid and are responsible for submitting their own paperwork and records within the designated deadlines. To be eligible, a family must have applied for enrollment and been accepted for the school year.
- Based on an objective set of standards, the review committee recommends a decrease in a family’s tuition based on the amount of financial aid available for the school year.
- Tuition Assistance is paid for through donations. The funds available for this program come from special designated funds. Therefore, the amount available for financial aid may vary from year to year based on charitable giving. Since the amount available is limited, it is recommended that those interested submit their assessment application as soon as possible.
- Tuition assistance funds will be allotted on a monthly basis. If the student withdraws from school during the year, all unused portions of their financial aid revert back to the Tuition Assistance fund.
- Tuition Assistance awards are for one academic year. Applicants must reapply each year.
- Tuition Assistance awards will be communicated, in writing, from St. Joseph School to the applicant.
- Families are requested to notify St. Joseph School by the stated deadline for their tuition award acceptance or rejection of the award and/or the consequential withdrawal of their student for lack of a grant award.